ENEE244-010x: Digital Logic Design
Syllabus (includes grading policy) | Lecture Summaries | Readings
| Textbook | Office Hours
Information on the final exam can be found here.
Review sheet for the final exam is posted here.
Review sheets for first and
Solutions for all review sheets can be found on Canvas.
Instructor office hours for the week of 12/7 will be held on:
Monday, 12/7, from 1pm-2pm and Thursday, 12/10, from 2:30pm-4pm.
Lecture notes and class exercise from 12/7 now up (under Lecture
Readings for each class are now up (under Readings link).
This course covers switching algebra and its use in design with logic gates, flip-flops, registers and counters, and the
analysis of these networks. Also covered are Karnaugh map simplification of gate networks, design and analysis of synchronous sequential systems,
implementation with PLA's, multiplexers, decoders, encoders, binary arithmetic units such as adders and subtractors, conversions between
decimal and arbitrary radix numbers, especially octal, hexadecimal, and binary representations, radix and diminished radix arithmetic,
and character codes.
- This course meets on Mon/Wed 3:30pm-4:45pm in EGR 1108.
There are no prerequisites for this course but students must
have a Sophomore standing or higher.
- Section 0101: Th 11-11:50am in MTH 2300
- Section 0102: Th 1-1:50pm in CHE 2116
- Section 0103: Th 11-11:50am in JMP 1109
- Section 0104: Th 11-11:50am in EGR 3111
- Section 0105: Th 12-12:50pm in EGR 0108
- Section 0106: Th 12-12:50pm in MTH 2300
- Tentative midterm exams dates/times: In class on October 7, November 11.
- Final exam date/time/place: TBD.
The UTFs for this course are:
- Section 101: Hannah Tsai (email: tsai dot hannah at gmail dot com)
- Section 102: Andrew Morin (email: amorin at terpmail dot umd dot edu)
- Section 103: Steve Ge (email: stge dot gl at gmail dot com)
- Section 104: Bryan Zhao (email: bryanzhao94 at gmail dot com)
- Section 105: Frank Pogoda (email: frank dot c dot pogoda at gmail dot com)
- Section 106: Anjana Shenoy (email: anjanashenoy1 at gmail dot com)
"Digital Principles and Design" by Donald D. Givone, McGraw-Hill 2003.
Instructor office hours: M 10-11am, W 11am-12pm 3407 A.V. Williams
- UTF Office hours (in AVW 1369):
- Section 0101: M 12:30-1:30pm
- Section 0102: T 12:30-1:30pm
- Section 0103: F 11am-12pm
- Section 0104: T 2-3pm
- Section 0105: Th 3:30-4:30pm
- Section 0106: Th 1-2pm
All students are presumed to be aware of the UMD policy on academic integrity.