Hugh A Bruck
| Title : Professor
of Mechanical Engineering
Director of Graduate Studies
Phone : 301.405.8711
B. S. Mechanical Engineering
1. M.Yang, S. Sun, H.A. Bruck, A. Rasooly, and Y. Kostov, “Electrical percolation-based biosensor for real-time direct detection of Staphylococcal enterotoxin B (SEB)”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics 25, 2573-2578 (2010).
2. M.Yang, H.A. Bruck, D. Kostov, and A. Rasoolym “Electrical Percolation Biological Semiconductor”, Analytical Chemistry 82, 3567-3572 (2010).
3. H.A. Bruck, A.L. Gershon, M.A. Sutton, Shaowen Xu, and Vikrant Tiwari, “Multiscale Mechanical and Structural Characterization of Palmetto Wood for Bio-inspired Hierarchically Structured Polymer Composites”, Materials Science and Engineering C: Materials for Biological Systems, 30, 235-244 (2010).
4. A. L. Gershon, H.A. Bruck, A.R. Hopkins, and K.N. Segal, “Curing Effects of Single-Wall Carbon NanoTube Reinforcement on Mechanical Properties of Filled Epoxy Adhesives”, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 41, 729-743
5. W. Bejgerowski, S. K. Gupta, and H.A. Bruck, “A Systematic Approach to Designing Multi-functional Thermally Conducting Polymer Structures with Embedded Actuators”, Journal of Mechanical Design, 131, 111009 (2009)
6. A.L. Gershon, A.K. Kota, and H.A. Bruck, “Characterization of Quasi-static Mechanical Properties of Polymer Nanocomposites using a New Combinatorial Approach”, Journal of Composite Materials, 43, 2587-2598 (2009).
7. D.P. Cole, H. Jin, W.-Y. Lu, H.A. Bruck, and A.L. Roytburd, “A nanoscale technique for characterizing recovery of inelastic deformation in graded shape memory alloy films”, Applied Physics Letters, 94, 193114 (2009).
8. D. P. Cole, H.A. Bruck, and A.L. Roytburd, “Nanoindentation Studies of Graded Shape Memory Alloy Thin Films Processed Using Diffusion Modification“, Journal of Applied Physics, 103, 064315 (2008).
9. A, Kota, B, H. Cipriano, M. Duesterberg, D, Powell, D. I. Bigio, S, R. Raghavan, and H. A. Bruck, “Electrical and Rheological Percolation in Polystyrene/MWCNT composites”, Macromolecules, 40, 7400-7406 (2007).
10. A, Kota, B, H. Cipriano, M. Duesterberg, D, Powell, S, R. Raghavan, and Hugh A. Bruck, “Quantitative Characterization of the Formation of an Interpenetrating Phase Composite in Polystyrene from the Percolation of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes”, Nanotechnology , 18, 505705 (2007).